You are a good presenter, you know your stuff , you are passionate about what you do and you want to be a Microsoft Certified Trainer…. here’s how
Becoming a Microsoft Certified Trainer was one of the best turning points in my career. The MCT certification opened a lot of doors for me and also showed my ability and capability to demonstrate my technical and instructional skills.
The MCT Certification brings a lot of benefits to you and also helps you advance in your career and prepare on new technologies in advance of their release by gaining access to training materials, software and many more benefits. Here’s a small list of what you get:
1. Access to MCT Central – Exclusive to MCTs where you get technical readiness and soft skills training materials to help you.
2. MCT Prep Kits
3. MCT Download Center – Training and Certification Libraty
4. MCT Courseware Marketplace – Digital Version of Microsoft courses and student guides.
5. MCT Exam Discount – 50% off normal price for all MCT
6. MCT Software & Services – Access to nearly all Microsoft Software including Office365 and Windows Azure throughout your MCT Membership.
7. Many More Benefits
What MCT means:
MCT Certification demonstrates your technical knowledge of Microsoft Products in your area of specialisation.
MCT Certification for sure earns you much respect among your peers and customers
What do I need to become an MCT.
1. A current Microsoft Certification or eligible certification:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM)
- Microsoft Certified Master (MCM)
- Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA)
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
Microsoft Office certifications
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Master: 2007, 2010, and 2013
MOS Expert: Excel 2007, 2010, and 2013
MOS Expert: Word 2007, 2010, and 2013
2. Demonstrate instructional Skills verified by one of the following:
Instructional Skills certification:
- CompTIA CTT+
- IAMCT Approved Technical Trainer (IAMCT ATT)
- Microsoft Certified Trainer Instructional Skills Certification (MCT-ISC)
- IPM (Institut für Personalberatung und Managemententwicklung)
- New Horizons Instructional Skills Certification
- Netcom Learning Instructional Skills Certification
- Global Knowledge Instructional Skills Certification
- Learning and Performance Institute Trainer Performance Monitoring and Assessment (TPMA)
- CEGOS Group
3. Provide reference supporting at least one year of instructional experience
How to Renew:
- Possess a current Microsoft Certification or qualification eligible for the MCT program.
- Meet the minimum instruction requirement of teaching at least one classes, as validated by Metrics that Matter (MTM).
- Meet the instruction quality requirement of an average quality score of at least seven, as validated by MTM.
What does it cost to be a Microsoft Certified Trainer
New MCT: $ 375
Renewing MCT: $ 300
More information available here
Also you do not need to be employed by a CPLS to become an MCT however you are allowed to teach only at a CPLS.
As usual get in touch if you need any additional information.
I am Microsoft Excel Expert and looking forward for a MCT.
Could you pl suggest me how i can get instruction skills certification.
Your kind support here shall be highly appreciated.
I am currently a student at WBS. During my lecture once, my lecturer said that you have been one of his students and he did really praise you. Upon researching, I could not find anything but this blog. I am actually having a hard time choosing between 2 educational pathways. I really hope that you might be able to help me on this one as you have been through one of the pathways I believe. Also, you are in the IT sector so your advice would be really helpful. I would really appreciate to hear from you soon.
Thanks for your time.
Hello, Thanks for reaching out. Sent you an email.